According to the National Quality Standard, promoting positive behavior in early childhood is of paramount importance. Giving them courteously, fair relationship, support to build and preserve a sympathetic, responsive relationship helps them to control their own behaviors. Males are four times more prone to autism than females. In a study it was found one in 250 suffers from ASD in Australia. Social communication complexities distinguish Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Emotionally they cannot respond properly; non-verbal communication is difficult and in developing, preserving, understanding relationship. A recurring pattern of behavior, activities, interest is also seen in ASD. It is a neurological and developmental disorder which starts at early childhood and persist all through life.
Strategies to manage
Child Care Courses makes you knowledgeable about these autistic behaviors and the purpose of these. These repetitive behaviors are focused on avoiding or escaping something, on contacting something physical, look for the association and sensory stimulation. Check https://selmar.edu.au/courses/child-care-courses/ to know more about the courses.
- The course entitles you to manage these behaviors by saying them “what to do “stories. By storytelling, you draw an ideal picture in front of them and make him aware of acceptable behavior. In this manner, you encourage positive behavior.
- By using visual paraphernalia, recognizable plan like countdowns and songs, precaution, stating behavior probability, proving alternatives you can make your expectation crystal clear to these children.
- Providing the precise amount of support depending on their stage of development and learning is an excellent way to demonstrate the child what is expected of him. The hierarchy of prompts and clues through various process aims to make them independent.
- Constructing connections with them is another significant aspect to control behavior. This can be achieved through liveliness, supporting a set of laws, encouraging a sense of security. The circle of security teaches you to be compassionate, kind, wise to the child and to fulfill the child`s desire whenever possible.
- The course teaches you how to transform the atmosphere to manage behavior. You can do it by providing different interesting activities, so they are engrossed in it. Make the environment shooting by using music, light, and space and free from litter. Give them enough space for physical activities like dancing. You must observe those children regularly and make flexible plans to make them comfortable.
Another way to control their repetitive behavior is by using visual and sensory objects.
Working in child care gives you a new perspective to see and understand a child`s world. While you perform your duty, your inner child will be happy, excited watching those innocent smiles on their face. Demand for high quality, trustworthy, educated child care workers are increasing at a brisk speed. The job is not monotonous, boring as you interact with children; your heart is filled with joy and happiness. Watching them grow from babies to toddlers then to kinder garden children is like watering, nurturing a seed to sapling then to plant and to transform to a tree. It gives you immense joy and satisfaction. The job is creative, inspiring, enthralling to make a child`s day happier and loving.